I don’t cry very often–not about my own personal life, fictional stuff is tear city–but today I did.
I also didn’t get home until thirty minutes to midnight and I had to pack because I am, yet again, traveling for the next couple of days.
I’ve prepped some character stats posts and I’ve queued them up so I won’t have consecutive missed posts–but if I have time to fill the a softer ask box then I’ll try to do those as well.
Having four sets of character statistics up for the Konoha Twelve/Thirteen kind of makes me want to develop an informal role-playing game (RPG) based on them? I’d definitely have to add another stat called “Heart” or “Spirit” or “Empathy,” something like that, but otherwise I think everything is covered?
Like… I even thought of a rough idea of the rules and such when I was traveling:
- So as not to require many specialized dice, this game would only use three d6 (aka the cube shape dice that have six faces which most board games use).
- Depending on what the related skill/stat is, playing would be the three d6+stat. For example, if I have a speed of 3 and roll a 2, 4, and 5, then that’d be a total of 14.
- The breakdown of roll results would be 3-8 is a failure, 9-16 is a mixed success, 17-22 is an uncontested success, and 23 is an EPIC SUCCESS. (This would probably be a little modified depending on what the obstacle or who the enemy is? Like, a 17 will not defeat someone like Madara outright, but maybe your character does manage to score a hit).
- There’d probably be some special rules, too. Like, if you roll triples you can get a little boost/advantage no matter what the actual result is–like, triple 2s might be a fail, but maybe you failed so badly that the enemy is distracted and your teammate gets an advantage on their attack.
- Character creation! If we go based off everyone’s Academy graduation stats then it would be (well, I’d still have to figure out whatever the other Heart/Spirit stat is) but all graduates have a rough minimum of 12 points and a rough maximum of 18. So you start with 12 no matter what then in order to create your character, you’d roll two d6. One you can make part of your current talent/fighting stats and the other you can make your Heart/Spirit stat (so you can decide if you want to be more of a Lee character or a Neji character–or a Naruto character vs a Sasuke character–more Heart/Spirit but less talent. Or maybe you might end up rolling 1s on both and just be like one of those background faceless characters that didn’t get a jounin-sensei).
- Depending on who the game master (GM) is and who is playing you don’t have to start in Konoha (actually, maybe you probably shouldn’t? To have a different genin team set up it might be better to go to a different village). Most likely (unless everyone has amazingly high character creation rolls) the players wouldn’t be on a jounin led team but in the general Genin Corps so the GM wouldn’t have to be worried about playing an OP non player character (NPC) and god.
I guess mostly it’d be a cool way to create a story in the Naruto world without having to adhere to Naruto’s canon story.
Damn. I really want to play this now.
Ah dang, I just tweaked his Special to 4.5 after realizing that his single Mangekyo with huge activation cost / major drawbacks wouldn’t be the god-like 5 of Sasuke’s TWO Mangekyo with no negatives…
Regarding his stamina though… you make a good point. I was thinking that the Hospital Arc was more of a “suddenly his chakra fluctuations got EVEN WORSE” and then they fixed it so his stamina returned to normal, but they did say it had been happening since his ANBU days so it would increase a little. Though I think, “naturally” (including his Sharingan, but not the trying-to-activate-Mangekyo fluctuations) Kakashi does have fairly low stamina.
I did want to keep his numbers equal with Gai, though… Oh. Maybe I’ll increase Stamina by .5 and decrease Taijutsu by .5 since it’s not as if he’s learning more taijutsu at this point so much as he’s just improving himself?
Aaaaaaah I gotta correct it but people have already reblogged it, curses!
But, yes, thanks for catching that to-someplace-else! 🙂
Okay, first off: wow! I got so many a softer ask box prompts after the bleak Shikako/Naruto fill, so thanks everyone who has sent those in! I’m glad(?) you all enjoyed the weirdly meta theorizing that went on in that ficlet 🙂
Unfortunately, I’ll be busy with family stuff for the next couple of days (graduation season plus Mother’s Day plus a lot of my family is born in May so we generally just mash up everything into a weeklong event) so I probably won’t be able to fill those until sometime next week. I’ll try to see if I can, though private time is a scarcity, so it’s fairly unlikely.
Never fear, though, because I’ve set up a queue for the completed/cleaned up Character Stats for Team Seven, Team Ten, Team Eight, and Team Gai which have been approved (but not necessarily canonized, so don’t quote me on anything) by Silver Queen!
If I still need a few more posts, I also have the Character Stats for my other Naruto-world series if anyone’s interested?